Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Surgery Tomorrow

I wanted to take a minute and just let everyone know that tomorrow morning I'll be having surgery to remove my colon.  This is the procedure that was originally scheduled for April 22nd, but was postponed because of my DVT and PE emergency.  I had an ultrasound of my leg on Tuesday and the technician said my leg was "Oh my gosh, so much better," than it had looked on the day I was admitted to the ER.  What had been a clot from my ankle to my abdomen has totally dissolved except for one small area at the top of my leg.  Even better, she said there was no sign of permanent damage to the veins or their valves.  So thank God for that. 

I feel glad and relieved to move ahead with tomorrow's surgery and begin the process of putting my 5 year fight with Ulcerative Colitis behind me.  I'm looking forward to having health and energy I haven't had in a long time. 

To all my friends who have been praying and who have called or sent cards over the last few weeks, thank you.  Your encouragement and your prayers have been felt and I know have made a huge difference to Jamie and me. 

On a practical note, for those in our LifeGate church family, Jamie will keep our leadership team (Michael, Kelsey, Greg and Tina) up to date on how the surgery and recovery are going tomorrow.  If you need information connect with one of them.  They'll also be updating the LifeGate facebook fan page as needed.

I probably won't be posting here or on facebook/twitter for a few days, for obvious reasons.  But I look forward to connecting with everyone when I feel better and am off pain meds and clear headed. 

No comments: