Thursday, August 18, 2011

21 Days of Prayer Week 2

So we're into the second week of our 21 days of prayer at LifeGate. I've already heard some cool reports of things that God is doing. I know I've seen some miracles in my own life in the last seven days.

I'm getting ready to shoot over to Owensboro to visit my grandparents for a day or two. I'm staying with my Mom's parents, and their farm is one of my favorite places to pray. I love getting out in the fields and walking along the creek and spending time talking with Jesus. Unfortunately I can't go to Owensboro every day to pray. But I do have a couple of places here in town in which I really enjoy praying. My top spot is on the rug in my office in front of the fireplace, especially during the winter. I also love walking along the creek in the park behind our neighborhood and praying while I walk.

One of the keys to having a consistent prayer life is having a consistent place where you can spend some alone time with Jesus to pray. It can be your car, an office, your bedroom, your back porch, even your closet (easier in a walk-in). I'd love to hear where some of you spend time with Jesus. Where's your favorite or most consistent place of prayer?

No comments: